|Betty Boop's Rise To Fame|
Betty Boop's Rise To Fame
Betty Boop's Rise to Fame (1934)
In a live action sequence, a reporter (played by Dave Fleischer) interviewing Max Fleischer asks him about his latest animated star Betty Boop. Max obligingly draws Betty "Out of the Inkwell" and asks her to perform a couple of numbers. Song and dance numbers from Stopping the Show, Betty Boop's Bamboo Isle and The Old Man Of the Mountain 'are used. In the end, Betty jumps back into the inkwell, accidentally splashing ink into the reporter's face.
- Dave Fleischer: "Mr Fleischer, can you let me see how Betty Boop does her stuff?"
- Max Fleischer: "So Betty this gentlemen from the press you know he'd like to see you act, what would you like to do for him?"
- Betty Boop: "Oh, Uncle Max I'd like to do the part I played in Stopping the Show and the Hula Hula dance I did in Bamboo Isle."
- Max Fleischer: "Remember, Stopping the Show?"
- Betty Boop: "C'mon Uncle Max gimmie a lift!"
- Betty Boop: "All ready for the next costume Uncle Max!"
- Max Fleischer: "Betty's in trouble again, I'll take a hand in this thing, c'mon jump, jump quick!"
- Betty Boop: "Well Mr Reporter did ya get everything huh?"
- Dave Fleischer: "Yes... eye got everything."
- Bonnie Poe as Betty Boop
- Max Fleischer as himself
- Dave Fleischer as Reporter
- Mae Questel (Archived)
- Cab Calloway (Archived)
- Maurice Chevalier (Archived)
- Was released on the 18th of May in 1934.
- This cartoon is a staged interview with Betty Boop and Max Fleischer which shows Max draw Betty in the animated hand technique, a reference to his Out Of The Inkwell series.
- Betty refers to Max Fleischer as Uncle Max.
- Betty is saved by Max Fleischer from the old man from The Old Man of the Mountain.