|Betty Boop Doll (1931)|
Betty Boop Doll (1931)
The first Betty Boop dolls were created in the 1930s and debuted in 1931, only 1000 of these wooden-jointed dolls were made. The size of the Betty Boop dolls were 17 inches, Betty even had her own quote. Betty Boop: "Hello, my little friend. I am so happy to meet you. I've always wanted to come to your house and show you Happiness! Everybody likes me, so that's why I'm a movie star. And, of course, I like everybody, especially you and all your little friends." In 2005, an all-porcelain replica of the beloved 1930s Betty Boop doll was remade from the Danbury Mint Collection, but the size of the replica is only 13 inches.
- The dolls appear in Popeye the Sailor (1933) as prizes in the ball-toss game.
- Mae Questel had a picture taken holding the doll when it was first released.
- You could buy them in black, red & green outfits.
- The dolls hair color is jet black.
- The doll appears on Theodore J. Valiant's desk in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- The 1934 cartoon Parade of the Wooden Soldiers revolves around Betty Boop as a doll.