The Bamberger Broadcasting System carried a weekly fifteen-minute coast-to-coast Betty Boop radio show called Betty Boop Fables.
Dates: 11/15/1932 - 1/27/1933
Starting time: 7:30PM
Length of show: 15 minutes
Cast & Crew
- William Billy Costello (Red Pepper Sam) as (Freddie Frog/Ferdinand Frog)
- Bonnie Poe as Betty Boop
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop
- Margie Hines as Betty Boop
- Vic Erwin
New Programs Tonight (1932)
Betty Boop, the pouty-lipped starry-eyed cartoon heroine makes her air debut at 6:30 p.m over WJZ. In real life Betty is Mae Questel.
Radio Fan-Fare Review (Oct-3 1933)
"The Betty Boop Frolics" is a mad skit with Betty (Bonnie Poe) sounding like a roadshow of Jeannie Lang and Ferdinand Frog giving imitations of Poley McClintock, But still we like it.
Betty Boop Frolics, WEAF. 660L-WEAF-454M 9:15PM. Betty and her story-book friends are a lively bunch.
Songs Performed on Radio Show
- "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf", from Walt Disney's Silly Symphony, Three Little Pigs.
- Mae Questel was originally credited as the voice of Betty Boop on radio but the role on the radio series was also shared with Bonnie Poe and Marjorie Hines for NBC radio.
- Also known as The Betty Boop Film Fables and The Betty Boop Frolics.