Betty Boop is a character who is featured in Universal Studios Theme Parks, her store is also featured in the theme park, where you can buy Betty Boop related merchandise. Betty is played by interactive performers in person, along with other famous faces such as Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and many more. Those who are chosen to play Betty in person must wear Betty's full attire including her garter and a sponge wig that resembles Betty's hairstyle.
Betty is a light-hearted, care-free flapper, reminding the audience of the Jazz Age. Betty as a character is polite, sweet, friendly and knows right from wrong, is very peppy and her presence can light up a room.
Betty's speaks in a Baby Bronx (Brooklyn) accent, but can differ depending on who is performing her voice. According to Cindy Robinson Betty's present voice actress Betty has two different voice forms, one where she is sultry and sexy as performed by Robinson and one where she is just cute in general. Cuter Betty is more high-pitched and is performed by Sandy Fox (voice-wise). The original voices of Betty also had their own unique voice types for Betty, all several actresses sounded similar but different as some were more high pitched than others, and some used a more baby-ish voice, for example Kate Wright used a high pitched voice which could also sound a little nasally at times. The most famous of Betty's voices was Mae Questel who made Betty's voice her signature sound, and unlike the several other women who provided Betty's voice she was the only one who could squeak at the end of her "Boop-Boop-e-Doop" routine. Example: Boop-Boop-e-Doop "Bop".
Little Ann Little (First Person to Portray Betty in Person)Edit
Little Ann Little one of the several original voices of Betty Boop used to portray Betty Boop to a live audience in the 1930's and make public appearances as Betty. According to Ann, "I made personal appearance tours as Betty. I used to get loads of fan mail especially from children and men". One of Ann's well known apperances was when she had went on the road with Fleischer Studios female artist Pauline Comanor, where Ann would pose while Pauline drew Ann as Betty Boop, and they finished the act with a "Boop-Boop-a-Doop",
Universal Studios HollywoodEdit
- Sandy Fox traveled the world promoting Universal Studios Hollywood and portrayed Betty in person from (1981).
Universal Studios FloridaEdit
- Sandy Fox's voice can be heard today as the lovable Betty Boop in Universal's Islands of Adventure Theme Park in Orlando, Florida.
- Elizabeth Rendon (2006)
- Chelsea Talmadge
- Marisa Nieves
Universal Studios SingaporeEdit
Universal Studios NBCEdit
Betty Boop's Costume DesignEdit
The dress Betty wears in Universal Studios resembles the dress that Bonnie Poe had wore in Hollywood on Parade No. A-8 only more cartoony, the dress also has straps added to keep it up, although most recently Betty Boop can be seen wearing strapless dresses at the Theme Parks. Betty changes her costume on multiple occasions, sometimes Betty can be seen wearing a Sailor Costume, or a Gown and sometimes Betty can be seen as a masked character.
Bimbo the DogEdit
Bimbo the dog also makes apperances at Universal Studios as a masked character, sometimes he can be seen with Betty Boop.
Other Characters who appear in Universal StudiosEdit
Beetle Juice, Marilyn Monroe, Lucy Ricardo (Lucille Ball), Donkey (Shrek), The Mummy, The Simpsons, Spongebob Squarepants, Woody Woodpecker, Scooby Doo & Shaggy, Frankenstiens Monster. Andy Panda, Storm (Xmen), Groucho Marx, Spiderman, Zorro, Wolverine (Xmen), Marvel Comics Characters, Laurel & Hardy, Doc Brown, Green Goblin, Hello Kitty, Patrick (Spongebob), Captain America, Crash Bandicoot, Yogi Bear, Archie, Popeye, Olive Oyl, Thundercats, Woody Woodpecker,Lady Lovely Locks, The Flinstones, The Cabbage Patch Kids, The Carebears, Barbie.
- In the 1930's Betty Boop was portrayed by Bonnie Poe and Mae Questel in two short films, according to Mae Questel from 1932 she also used to portray Betty Boop in person after a cartoon had been shown to a live audience she would jump through a paper heart, dressed as Betty.
- Songs that play in Betty Boop's store are usually Boop related like Helen Kane's music for example "Hug-Me-Kiss-Me-Love-Me" which was featured on Betty Boop's Biography DVD. Apart from that Sandy Fox's voice is also featured in the Betty Boop store, Booping as you enter.
- Betty Boop also played a part in MGM Grand Hotel, Casino and Theme Park. (Betty Boop in MGM Grand Adventures Theme Park).