Characters voiced by Cab Calloway
On June 12, 1994, Calloway suffered a severe stroke. He died six months later on November 18, 1994, at age 86. His body was cremated and his ashes were given to his family. Upon the death of his wife Zulme "Nuffie" Calloway on October 13, 2008, his ashes were interred next to her in the Rosewood mausoleum at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale, New York.
- When Cab Calloway saw his first cartoon with Betty Boop he fell off his chair with laughter and delight.
- Cab was a scat singer and his scat singing goes way back to 1925 where he would appear at The Cotton Club in Harlem, his scat sounds were similar to the "Boop-Boop-a-Doop Girl" craze of the 20s only his gimmick was "Hi-De-Ho-Hi-De-Hi" and he was dubbed "The Hi-De-Ho Man".
- In 1987 Cab Calloway appeared in several Hula Hoops KP commercials. KP decided not to license Betty Boop, instead "The Hula Cutie" took her place.
- Cab Calloway makes an appearance in cartoon form in the 1990 comic book Betty Boop's Big Break.
- A profile of Calloway, Cab Calloway: Sketches, aired on the PBS program American Masters in February 2012.