|Dizzy Red Riding Hood|
Dizzy Red Riding Hood
Dizzy Red Riding Hood (1931)
Betty Boop stars in her own rendition of Little Red Riding Hood. Betty prepares before going to visit her grandmother's house, despite being warned of wolves wandering the woods by the trees. Betty Boop continues through the woods. A hungry wolf (Willy Wolf) spots Betty and follows her with a knife and fork. Bimbo sees the wolf who is about to attack Betty and kills him before he can do any harm to Betty. Bimbo then turns up before Betty at her grandmother's house. Bimbo waits for Betty disguised as the wolf and her grandmother. Betty then turns up inside her grandmothers house and sings "Where'd You Get Those Eyes?" and is then lifted up in the air before Bimbo reveals himself to her.
- Bimbo: "May I go along with you?"
- Betty Boop: "My mother wouldn't want you too!"
- Bimbo: "Beware, beware there's a wolf in there!"
- Betty Boop: "I swear, I swear I do declare!"
Cast & Crew
- Margie Hines as Betty Boop
- Claude Reese as Bimbo
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Grim Natwick (Animator)
- Was released on the 12th of December in 1931.
- The wolf is skinned alive by Bimbo.
- It has been debated that Betty might be a French poodle as her floppy long dog ears/hoop earrings are hidden underneath her hood, also to note she didn't officially turn into a human girl until 1932.
- A reference to homosexuality is made by a tree in the forest when Betty starts to sing about her grandmothers flowers. "I think she'd like a pansy, a pansy, a pansy, I think she'd like a pansy!" to which the tree replies "The Fairies like them too!", once the tree declares this Betty says "Oh!" and runs away from the tree with Bimbo who is disguised as the wolf.
- The episode seems to have been parodied in the Animaniacs 80th episode entitled The Girl with the Googily Goop. Where the character Googi Goop a parody of Betty Boop plays the role of Little Red Riding Hood.