|He's So Unusual|
He's So Unusual
"He's So Unusual"
You talk of sweeties, bashful sweeties
I got one of those
Oh, he's handsome as can be
But he worries me
He goes to college and gathers knowledge
Hooh! What that boy knows!
He's up in his Latin and Greek
But in his sheikin', he's weak!
Cause when I want some lovin
And I gotta have some lovin
He says, Please! Stop it, please!
He's so unusual!
When I want some kissin
And I gotta have some kissin
He says, "No! Let me go
He's so unusual!
I know lots of boys who would be crazy over me
If they only had this fellow's opportunity
You know, I would let him pet me
But the darn fool, he doesn't let me!
Oh, he's so unusual that he drives me wild!
When we're in the moonlight
He says, I don't like the moonlight
Aw, let's not talk in the dark.
Huh, he's so unusual!
And when we're riding in a taxi
He converses with the chauffeur
Oh, why don't he talk to me?
Oh, he's so different!
Others would be tickled pink to
Bop-Bop-e-Dop me down
He don't even know what
He says love is hokum,
Oh, I'd like to choke, choke, choke him!
Cause he's so unusual that he drives me wild!
You might as well be by yourself as in his company
When we're out together
I'm as lonesome as can be.
But still I'm mad about him
And I just can't live without him
Cause he's so unusual that he drives me
- Was recorded by Cyndi Lauper for her 1983 album She's So Unusual.
- In song, Kane uses a variety of Bops, Bups and sometimes even Lups a different kind of scat sound to the usual Poop or Boop sounds she made in other songs.
- Mae Questel sung this song in a Helen Kane impersonation content and won first place, she later performed the song to a live audience.
- Kate Wright recorded the song in 1929 for Columbia Records.
- Kane recorded two versions of the song, and it was also recorded by Annette Hanshaw.
- Ginger Pauley (the most recent Boop singer) and the Hoosier Daddys usually perform this number to a live audience.