|Judge for a Day|
Judge for a Day
Judge for a Day (1935)
Betty is the stenographer at the local courthouse. On the bus ride to work one day, she grows tired of the obnoxious actions of some of her fellow citizens (which she refers to as "pests"), Betty elects herself as Judge and fantasizes about doling out fitting punishment to offenders.
- Betty Boop: "Pests this town is full of pests that's all there is to it."
- Betty Boop: "I've never seen anything like I saw! The pests!"
- Betty Boop: "If I we're a Judge I'd have something to say!"
- Betty Boop
Cast & Crew
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop
- Jack Mercer
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Myron Waldman (Animator)
- Hicks Lokey (Animator)
- "Sing, It's Good For You!" performed by Mae Questel
- "If I Were Judge For a Day" performed by Mae Questel
- Was released on the 20th of September in 1935.
- The townsfolk overhear her complaints and vocalize their agreement, leading to Betty being elected as judge with full support from the town.
- "Sing, It's Good For You!" was also recorded in the baby singing style by Margie Hines in the 1933 Van Beuren Studios short Magic Mummy.