Musical Mountaineers (1939)
Betty Boop runs out of gas while driving through hillbilly country. When she goes up to a nearby shack to ask for help, the locals appear suspicious of the stranger, but Betty wins them over with her dancing. Soon, the entire clan is making music and dancing. Betty's new friends help her on her way by filling her gas tank with a jug of "corn dripp'ns".
- Betty Boop: "Oh, there's not a street cat in sight! Can I get anyone to help me?"
- Betty Boop: "Yoo-hoo anybody home?"
- Pa: "Who be ya?"
- Betty Boop: "Betty Boop... I'm outta gas... I only wanted some help!"
- Betty Boop: "I'm a dancer, I ran outta gas..."
- Pa: "You sure can dance! I'll get out my old guitar!"
- Betty Boop
- Pa (Hillbilly)
- Ma (Hillbilly)
- Sister (Hillbilly)
- Brothers (Hillbilly)
Cast & Crew
- Margie Hines as Betty Boop/Ma/sister
- Jack Mercer as Pa/Brothers
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Thomas Johnson (Animator)
- Harold Walker (Animator)
- Grim Natwick (Animator)
- Was released on the 12th of May in 1939.
- Betty looks oddly tall and thin as we close in on her final scene.
- Features the instrumental theme song from "So Does An Automobile".
- According to historians, Max Fleischer visited Grim Natwick in his office and asked him to animate Betty for old time's sake.