|On With the New|
On With the New
On With the New (1939)
Betty Boop is an overworked cook and dishwasher at the Ye Olde Quainte Coffee Pott. She gets fed up on being the general dishwasher and order-filler, quits her job and gets a new job at Bundle from Heaven Nursery, as a "Nursery Attendant", but the babies prove to be tough children who run Betty ragged. Betty runs away from her job and goes back to her quiet job in the Quainte Coffee Pott.
- Quainte Coffee Potte Owner: "Corn beef and garbage!"
- Quainte Coffee Potte Owner: "Have ya got pigs feet?"
- Betty Boop: "Don't get personal!"
- Betty Boop: "I can dish it out but I can't take it!"
- Betty Boop: "Isn't it fun washing babies?"
- Betty Boop: "Oooh, you naughty boy you mustn't do that!"
- Babies: "Goodnight Betty!"
- Betty Boop: "A'ww the little Angels!"
- Betty Boop: "Let me outta this place!"
- Betty Boop
- Quainte Coffee Potte Owner
Cast & Crew
- Margie Hines as Betty Boop/Babies
- Bonnie Poe (Babies)
- Jack Mercer as Quainte Coffee Potte Owner
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Was released on the 2nd of December in 1938.
- Betty Boop is given the job by J. Wilbur Wackola, Supt. Surprisingly, Betty does not have to go through an interview, she starts work immediately.
- Unlike previous cartoons where she is usually unharmed, Betty is attacked several times: she is hit with pillows in the face and jumped on by several babies, is then thrown into the air by a hose and falls through a crib then is repeatedly hosed until she runs away.
- Is the only cartoon from 1938-1939 where Betty says Boop Oop a Doop while she sings "On With the New".