|Red Hot Mamma|
Red Hot Mamma
Red Hot Mamma (1934)
Betty Boop is trying to sleep. Shutting all the windows isn't enough, so she lights a roaring fire in the fireplace and falls asleep on the hearthplace rug. The heat of the flames soon turns two roosting chickens into roasted chickens, and causes Betty to dream that her fireplace has become the gate to Hell itself. Betty explores the underworld, and sings "Hell's Bells" for the devil and his minions. When the devil tries to put the moves on Betty, she fixes him with a (literally) icy stare, freezing him and all of Hell. Betty wakes up to find the fire out, and she goes to bed, this time under a pile of warm quilts.
- Betty Boop: "Oooh, Oooh it's cold!"
- Betty Boop: "Go away!"
- Betty Boop: "Now dear didn't I tell you to go away?"
- Betty Boop: "Wow! Am I hot!"
Cast & Crew
- Bonnie Poe as Betty Boop
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Willard Bowsky (Animator)
- David Tendlar (Animator)
- "Hell's Bells" sung by Bonnie Poe
- "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Love"
- "Good Morning Glory"
- "Chicken Reel"
- "Did You Ever See A Dream Walking?"
- "I Want To Ring Bells"
- Was released on the 2nd of February in 1934.
- In 1934, the cartoon was banned in China because its depiction of Hell was unsuitable for public distribution in the country.