|Riding the Rails|
Riding the Rails
Riding the Rails (1938)
Riding the Rails is a 1938 Fleischer Studios animated short film featuring Betty Boop and Pudgy. Pudgy insists on following his mistress when she goes downtown in the subway. He gets on the train, and then his troubles begin. After almost disrupting the train service, he is flung off, and is forced to walk the tracks back to the station, with trains whizzing down on him from all directions. When he finally arrives safely back home, he is cured of wanting to trail around town with Betty.
- Betty Boop: "What happened where am I? Goodness gracious eight o' clock and I better hurry up or else I'm gonna be late. Hurry hurry hurry, dear oh dear that's all I do and even then I'm late."
- Betty Boop: "Now, Pudgy you stay home and be a good little dog."
Cast & Crew
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop
- Jack Mercer as Pudgy
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Sammy Timberg (Music Director)
- Was released on the 28th of January in 1938.
- Although some sources claim that this film was nominated for an Academy Award, it does not appear on the official Academy Awards database.
- The film inspired a large variety of collectibles in the 1930s, although originals are now rare to find.