|Swim Or Sink|
Sink Or Swim
Sink Or Swim (1932)
Swim Or Sink (S.O.S) is a 1932 Betty Boop cartoon featuring Betty Boop, Bimbo and Koko the Clown. As a ship sails in stormy water, it begins to sink, and passengers try to leave using whatever method they can. Betty, Bimbo and Koko end up on a raft. After Betty sings a song, they see a ship and think they are going to be saved, but it turns out to be a pirate ship. They are captured and the captain eyes up Betty as she tries to cover her legs by pulling down her dress. Koko and Bimbo are put in irons whilst Betty remains on deck. When all the pirates are eventually eaten by a large fish, Betty, Bimbo and Koko remain on board laughing as the cartoon ends.
- Pirate Captain: "Put the bums below but leave the damsel to me."
- Betty Boop: "You mean?"
- Bimbo: "Boop-Oop-a-Doop!"
Cast & Crew
- Little Ann Little as Betty Boop
- Claude Reese as Bimbo
- William Pennell as Hippo/Pirate Captain
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Was released on the 11th of March in 1932.
- After Betty finishes up her song, Koko kisses Bimbo on the forehead, which aggravates the dog.
- The Pirate Captain tries to have his way with Betty. After she is captured, she is taken to the pirates, who start to sing out loud to one another about what they should do with her.
- The cartoon does not show Betty and her friends escape from the ship. After the scene where the animals escape, the ship then sinks, the cartoon then quickly cuts straight to Betty, Bimbo and Koko.