|The Candid Candiate|
The Candid Candidate
The Candid Candidate (1937)
Betty Boop campaigns for Grampy for Mayor, and wins by one vote (despite the fact that the town's paper says it is a landslide). However, he later finds out the job is not as glamorous as he thought. Nonetheless, he helps solve some of the city's issues, such as building a free bridge on the river, creating a public automatic root beer stand, etc., and the townspeople love him.
- Betty Boop: "Now let's see I have to get all these things straightened out for the new Mayor.'"
- Grampy: "Hello, Betty!"
- Betty Boop: "Hello your honor good luck to you, haha!"
Cast & Crew
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop/Old Women
- Jack Mercer/Everett Clark as Grampy
- Jack Mercer as Townsfolk
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Was released on the 27th of August in 1937.