|When My Ship Comes In|
When My Ship Comes In
When My Ship Comes In (1934)
After Betty wins $1 million at a horse race/sweepstakes, she daydreams how to best use her funds. She spends it on free servants for the city's people; a huge ice cream mountain for the children; a milk company which delivers milk by attaching bottles to balloons, releasing them in the air and onto the doorsteps of the town's citizens; complex gadgets for the animals at her animal farm; a trolley line with recliners; and a maids home next to a bachelors home. Betty also spends her money to combat the effects of the Great Depression by starting department stores, clothing stores, and reopening factories. By the time she has spent most of her sweepstakes money, the whole country has overcome the Depression.
- Betty Boop: "Gonna fill the birdies up with bird feed! Gonna really make 'em wanna sing!"
- Betty Boop: "Gonna spend my money like a sailor cause my ship came in."
- Betty Boop: "I'll just start buying, buying until my money is spent, trying, trying to make everybody content."
- Betty Boop
- Old Maids
Cast & Crew
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop
- Jack Mercer
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Myron Waldman (Animator)
- Hicks Lokey (Animator)
- "Gonna Spend My Money Like A Sailor"
- "We're In The Money" (Instrumental)
- Was released on the 21st of December in 1934.